Rich Lee would like to use his business and political management experience to continue implementing progressive priorities for Asheville.
Affordability: Rich is a financial planner and sees the effects of the cost of living vs pay rates here.
- Is the city ensuring that careers and jobs are keeping pace with affordability?
- We need to find a balance between bringing jobs and keeping the city’s culture. Entrepreneurship is thriving, so that may be a place to start.
- Housing opportunities for all, especially low-income residents.
Short-term rentals: Rich Lee says the city is heading toward a compromise and he trusts both sides in the conversation.
Transportation: Rich is the chair of Asheville’s multi-modal transportation commission, and making public transportation work is a key part of his platform. “Sustainable living” connects to housing issues. When the bus line is more reliable/expanded, it creates more lower-cost housing options.
- Sidewalks – he has been making this a priority in certain neighborhoods.
- The overhaul of the city bus system launched this January. More frequency & reliability is needed to make carless living a reality.
Beyond these issues, Rich Lee believes that investing in infrastructure like transportation and water lines helps create value and quality of life.
Learn more at Richleeforasheville.com or listen to our interview!