Rich Lee would like to use his business and political management experience to continue implementing progressive priorities for Asheville.
Affordability: Rich is a financial planner and sees the effects of the cost of living vs pay rates here.
- Is the city ensuring that careers and jobs are keeping pace with affordability?
- We need to find a balance between bringing jobs and keeping the city’s culture. Entrepreneurship is thriving, so that may be a place to start.
- Housing opportunities for all, especially low-income residents.
Short-term rentals: Rich Lee says the city is heading toward a compromise and he trusts both sides in the conversation.
Transportation: Rich is the chair of Asheville’s multi-modal transportation commission, and making public transportation work is a key part of his platform. “Sustainable living” connects to housing issues. When the bus line is more reliable/expanded, it creates more lower-cost housing options.
- Sidewalks – he has been making this a priority in certain neighborhoods.
- The overhaul of the city bus system launched this January. More frequency & reliability is needed to make carless living a reality.
Beyond these issues, Rich Lee believes that investing in infrastructure like transportation and water lines helps create value and quality of life.